Lena Baker was a black maid that was put on trial for the killing of her white employer

Lena Baker was a black maid that was put on trial for the killing of her white employer Earnest Knight for trying to rape her. Though she claimed self defense, she was sentenced to death by an all white male jury.

Her trial only lasted one day!

Sitting in the electric chair, this is what she said: "What I done, I did in self defense or I would've been killed myself. Where I was, I could not overcome it. I am ready to meet my God".

She was executed on March 5, 1945 as the only woman ever executed in Georgia. She left behind 3 children. Her last words, along side with her picture are displayed near the now-retired electric chair at a museum at Georgia state prison in Reidsville.

She was Pardon 60 years after her Murder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In 2016, Miley Cyrus became up close and personal with her public

In 2016, Miley Cyrus became up close and personal with her public. The place was London. And her private parts. Miley Cyrus is the Michael J...